Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I'm still here...

Just to let my loyal readers (if they ever existed) know that both of us are alive and kicking. Too lazy to write down all the things that have been happening for the past 2 months. A lot. Been going out so much. Grandparents visited us. =D Eating the chicken they cooked for me. Superb!

Going to Penang during the National Day week with the Indian gang from RI/RJC. Hope they're not pissed with me 'cause I only managed to get them one unit with 4 beds. There are 8 of us. The caretaker was confident about fitting us in though. It'll be super cheap too. S$12.50/pax for 5 days. Total spent on accomodation=S$100. =) One of the few things for which I'm greatful to be in the SPF. Took a whole lot of convincing my dad on my part and my grandfather's part to let me go. Quite happy with this for now. Paves the road to travelling further.

Planning to go on a 3D/2N Genting trip with my Police friends in Oct. It's fully subsidized by my division, even most of the meals. Will probably only need to pay for 4 meals. =) Will need to convince my dad (again) to let me go for this one. So soon after the one to Penang in Aug. Haha.. Need to plan properly when I can broach the topic. But has to be soon. Registration deadline is this Fri.

Sounds like I'm very happy here even though I was complaining just a few months ago, right? I'm still not happy with some things, but am resigned to them now. I can't help the way some things are. That's life.

ORD is nearing (under 100 days!) and that has helped bolster my good spirits as well. =D

"I'm Still Here"

I am a question to the world,
Not an answer to be heard.
All a moment that's held in your arms.
And what do you think you'd ever say?
I won't listen anyway…
You don't know me,
And I’ll never be what you want me to be.

And what do you think you'd understand?
I'm a boy, no, I'm a man..
You can take me and throw me away.
And how can you learn what's never shown?
Yeah, you stand here on your own.
They don't know me 'cause I'm not here.

And I want a moment to be real,
Wanna touch things I don't feel,
Wanna hold on and feel I belong.
And how can the world want me to change,
They’re the ones that stay the same.
The don’t know me,
'Cause I’m not here.

And you see the things they never see
All you wanted, I could be
Now you know me, and I'm not afraid
And I wanna tell you who I am
Can you help me be a man?
They can't break me
As long as I know who I am

And I want a moment to be real,
Wanna touch things I don't feel,
Wanna hold on and feel I belong.
And how can the world want me to change,
They’re the ones that stay the same.
They can’t see me,But I’m still here.

They can’t tell me who to be,
‘Cause I’m not what they see.
And the world is still sleepin’,
While I keep on dreamin’ for me.
And their words are just whispers
And lies that I’ll never believe.

And I want a moment to be real,
Wanna touch things I don't feel,
Wanna hold on and feel I belong.
And how can they say I never change
They’re the ones that stay the same.
I’m the one now,
‘Cause I’m still here.

I’m the one,
‘Cause I’m still here.
I’m still here.
I’m still here.
I’m still here.

Johnny Rzeznik - I'm Still Here

Love this one. Always manges to lift my spirits. From the Treasure Planet soundtrack. The music video is inspiring as well.
How it doesn't matter what people around you say. About reaching out for those dreams. As long as you believe in yourself, you can.
I'm the one, 'cause I'm still here.

No comments: